Our Church of England Inspection
We are delighted to inform you that on January 26th 2018 our school was inspected by Lindsay Fraser on behalf of the Church of England.
We were given the grade of ‘Outstanding’ overall for the distinctiveness and effectiveness as a Church of England School.
These are the key highlights of the report:
- The headteacher has provided inspirational leadership in developing the school’s distinctive Christian character, building highly effective relationships between all members of the school community.
- · The school’s distinctive Christian character has a significant impact on all aspects of school life including pupils’ achievements and spiritual, moral, social and cultural development (SMSC).
- The partnership between the church and school is vigorous and the exceptional contribution made by the vicar and clergy team is influential in supporting an understanding of Christian faith and service.
- The outstanding leadership of the subject leader for religious education (RE) ensures that religious education contributes significantly to the school’s Christian character and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of pupils.
- Through their dedication, skills and vision based on the school’s Christian character, governors seek to ensure the needs of all pupils are met.
All staff are to be congratulated on making St. John’s this incredible school, but a particular thanks to Mrs Ramsbottom who is our RE and Collective Worship leader.