In December 2021 the school was awarded the Silver Award. We felt very proud of this success as the school community has worked hard to gain this. We are now working to achieve the Gold Award by the end of the school year.
The Benefit of joining Modeshift Stars.
- Improve pupils’ emotional wellbeing and their health.
- Encourage healthier travel behaviours and habits such as walking, scooting and cycling to school.
- Makes the roads safer around the school.
- Reduce pollution near the school.
- Raise the profile of our school, help gain external recognition from the Modeshift awards.
- Encourage positive travel behaviour change in parents/carers and local residents
- Promotes a positive relationships with the local community.
Modeshift STARS is the Centre of Excellence for the delivery of Effective Travel Plans in Education, Business and Community settings. The Modeshift STARS Education scheme recognises schools and other educational establishments that have shown excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable and active travel. The Modeshift STARS Education scheme inspires young children to travel to school sustainably, actively, responsibly and safely by championing walking, scooting and cycling. It also, supports pupils’ wellbeing, helps to reduce congestion, improve road safety and air quality the around the school.